CrossConnects Workshop Series
Improving Data Mobility & Management for Science
ESnet has developed a series of workshops called CrossConnects, which facilitates discussions and coordinations between network engineers and domain scientists, especially in areas with growing data needs. The workshops are geared toward helping specific science domains use and understand the network, as well as responding to the unique networking needs of each domain.
Hosted at university campuses and government laboratories, the workshops bring together representatives from various stakeholder communities to share their experiences, needs, problems, and desired solutions related to data mobility, storage and analysis. Interested in participating? Subscribe to the email@example.com mailing list to receive announcements.
Past workshops include:
- CrossConnects on Bioinformatics: "Improving Data Mobility & Management for Bioinformatics" held April 12-13, 2016.
- CrossConnects on Cosmology: "Improving Data Mobility & Management for International Cosmology" held February 10-11, 2015.
Missed the workshop? Watch the web archive here:
- Day 1 (focus on observational data and astronomy): Session 1, Session 2
- Day 2 (focus on simulation data and cosmology): Session 1, Session 2
- View the presentation slides and workshop agenda here.
- View the final report and next steps here
- CrossConnects on Climate Science: "Improving Data Mobility & Management for International Climate Science" held July 14-16, 2014.
- Focused Technical Workshop: "Network Issues for Life Sciences Research" held July 17-18, 2013.
PRESENTATIONS from the workshop can be found HERE. LOCATION: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Building 15, Room 253 AGENDA Tuesday, April 12 Precision Medicine Program Committee Chair: Bill Barnett, Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute and Regenstrief Institute 8:00am Continental Breakfast Includes: Coffee/Tea Service, Assorted Baked Goods, Fruit Bowl … Read More